Monday already?? My weekend was a pretty good one. Short as usual, but I shouldn’t complain because I only have 3 days of work this weekend and then I get a 4 day weekend
This past weekend, I went to the Milwaukee County Zoo and did a walk to support Lyme’s disease. I met my mom and a few of my (very supportive) girlfriends at the zoo for a short little one mile walk. It was nice to see all of them and enjoy the beautiful weather we were having. One of my BFF’s told me some exciting news: She’s expecting her first baby this December I started crying when she told me the news, as they’ve been trying for awhile. I’m beyond THRILLED for her and her husband. Even though our baby won’t have any cousins to play with, he or she will have tons of little friends!
Some random thoughts about this week:
- We are supposed to have our maternity pictures taken on Sunday, but I don’t feel like I’m big enough/showing enough for them. Even though on Saturday, a total stranger came up to me and told me I looked like I was about to pop….I beg to differ. Lady, I’m only 6 1/2 months pregnant!
- Speaking of size…my husband recently told me that my fingers could race at Miller Park. If you know anything about Brewer’s games and Miller Park, you know what I’m talking about. I know he was trying to be funny, but I was not amused.
- Even though it does still fit (snugly), the wedding ring is off until baby arrives. With the warm weather, I don’t want to risk it not coming off and having to get it cut.
- The end of my 2nd trimester is starting to feel like my 1st all over again. I’ve been feeling exhausted, nauseous a few mornings and my hormones and emotions are all over the place…just when I was starting to feel normal.
- I cried after my haircut today just because I didn’t like the way the guy styled it. Tough life I know…
- I’ve started taking naps on a regular basis to combat the fatigue. Maybe it’s just me nearing my 3rd trimester or may my iron’s low? Something that I’m definitely going to mention to my doctor at my next appointment.
- I’m not looking forward to swimsuit shopping. This is not something I look forward to generally, but I’m less than thrilled about it this summer. I’m trying to decide if I should just look for a two-piece and let the belly be exposed, or if I should look for a maternity tankini that I will probably never wear again?