Weekly Weight Loss: -3 lbs
Total weight loss: 3 lbs
This was my first week tracking every single thing that I ate. I hit my points on most of the days and were left with a little extra on others. I managed to workout 4 times this week, alternating between Zumba, Turbofire & Bar Method. I’m looking forward to running more starting next week when I’m back at work but as of right now, my workouts are done when the little one naps. I’ve been trying to get as much cuddle time as I can with her because I go back to work on Wednesday :-/ I’m hoping there are no tears from either of us. We are putting her in daycare 3 days week. I’ll be home with her one day during the week and LC will be home with her another day during the week. After doing lots of research and getting references, I have a very good feeling that she’ll be in good hands and the daycare is about 10 minutes from my job, so I can stop in during my lunch breaks.
Tonight’s dinner was low carb and full of protein and veggies. I made stuffed peppers with ground turkey and balsamic asparagus and tomatoes. A glass of vino would’ve gone well with this meal, but I opted for a crustless pumpkin cheesecake instead (only 4 points!), recipe courtesy of Gina at The Fitnessista.
Turkey Stuffed Peppers-Italian Style
Weight Watchers + Points: 8
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 4 green or red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1.25 lbs ground lean turkey
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder (heaping)
- 1 egg
- 1 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (italian style)
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- shredded parmesan cheese for topping
- salt and pepper to taste
1. preheat oven to 350.
2. in a skillet on the stove, sauté onions, mushrooms, garlic and celery in the olive oil until the veggies have softened.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the ground turkey, egg, veggie mix from the stove, garlic powder, italian seasoning, 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
4. Stuff mixture into hollowed out peppers. I cut mine in half length wise because they’re easier to eat and stuff this way. Place in a casserole dish.
5. Mix tomatoes and sauce in a bowl and pour over peppers.
5. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 50 minutes.
I’m off to catch some Zzz’s! Tonight is Madelyn’s first night in her crib. I’ve been so lucky to have a baby that sleeps as good as she does. Up until tonight, she’s been sleeping in a bassinet in our room, but she’s getting too long for it and I’d like her to get used to sleeping her own room before I head back to work. Here’s to hoping tonight goes well-fingers crossed!