Happy Monday guys! I’m finally settled in from our NYC trip and have some time to sit down and write a blog post.
We had a blast in NYC and I can’t wait to tell you all about it, including the details of how we spent our NYE :-) But first, I’d like to chat about my goals for 2015.
I’m about goals vs. resolutions in the new year. Each year (really DAY) is another chance to get it right and do what you’ve been wanting to do. So here are a few goals I have for 2015:
1. Focus on one thing at a time. Last year, I got in over my head with some things and ended up not doing what I wanted to do. I learned that instead of working on a bunch of things all at once, it’s okay to say no to something while working on something else. You can have it all, just maybe not all at once. I feel like as women, moms especially, we’re made to multi-task but sometimes we can get in over our heads. This year, I have a list, and I’m crossing things off as I go.
2. Read one book a month. I love to read and I’ve acquired some really great books over the past year that I have yet to read. I hate using the excuse that I don’t have the time to read because that’s not true. The hour before I go to bed has now been reserved for reading books as opposed to catching up on social media–which keeps me up way later than my bed time…which brings me to my next goal.
3. Get more SLEEP!!! I’ve come to terms with the fact that I will never get 8 hours of sleep during the week. In order for that to happen, I would have to be in bed at 8:30pm. My new goal is to be in bed no later than 9:30 on “school” nights.
4. Take a photography class. I set this up as a goal last year, but never succeeded. I really want to learn to use my camera properly and all the lenses that came with it.
5. Set a new PR in my half marathon. Last year, I ran a 2:03 half, making it my fastest one yet. Maybe a sub 2 this year? We shall see! I can confidently say that I don’t believe that I have another marathon in me again this year. Chicago 2014 burnt me out. I want to focus on getting faster, learning to fuel with REAL FOOD, and enjoying every mile because I like to run.
6. Stay passionate about cooking, nutrition and fitness. I’ve been wanting to make my own almond milk and bone broth for a very long time but was never motivated to do so, until I decided to do the 21 Day Sugar Detox. I can confidently say, I will always make my own almond milk from here on out. Amazingly delicious.
7.Successfully complete the 21 Day Sugar Detox. 21 days of whole, unprocessed foods. No dairy. No gluten. No wine. Wish me luck, day 1 starts today!
8. Complete 1 race or try out a new to me workout class each month. I love trying out new things, so this gives me the opportunity to seek out new races and classes in my local area.
9. Take a cooking class with hubs. This has been on my list for YEARS now. YEARS!! Time to cross it off.
10. Stay more organized (with my Erin Condren Planner!) in my day & spend more quality time with Madelyn. I can’t believe she’s almost 2 1/2. Time goes by so fast it’s not even funny. It almost makes me want to cry.
What goals do you for 2015? I have lots of little house projects I’d like to complete (a photo wall in our living room and finish decorating our office/guest room just to name a few).