One thing I’ve learned since going back to work full-time? Weekly blogging with a newborn is pretty impossible for me. My day starts out at 4am: I pump, get ready for work, get little miss up and ready for daycare, feed her, make myself some coffee and we’re out the door at 5:50ish a.m. I drop her off at daycare around 6 and am at work by 6:30 am. I work 10 hour days and am lucky enough to have an hour a day to workout-so really it ends up being about a 9 hour day. I leave work between 4:30-4:45pm to pick up Madelyn from daycare and I get home around 5pm. When I get home, I get settled in, make dinner, spend time with my husband & baby and start our bedtime routine around 8:30-9. I’m usually in bed around 9:45-10. Sleep & repeat. It’s a very long day but it’s worth the 3 day weekend I get to enjoy
Since my last post we’ve had some pretty eventful things happening here:
1. Madelyn came down with a cold and got so congested that we ended up at an Urgent Care. The little girl had such a hard time breathing it scared the bejeezus out of Larry and me.
2. Whatever germs Madelyn picked up from daycare, she decided to share with the rest of us and we all took turns being sick the past few weeks.
3. I celebrated 28 years of life. After a certain age, birthdays stop being exciting. I was at the tail end of a really bad cold this year and we had drill the following day, so I spent my birthday with my family eating pizza, drinking wine & snacking on birthday cake. It was perfect.
4. I ventured down to Chicago with my husband and mom and we ran The Hot Chocolate 5k. It was my first run postpartum and it felt really good. I ran with my mom whose pace is just a tad slower than mine-but I wasn’t trying to set any PR with this little race. My only goal was to have fun-which I did!
5. I’ve had a not so great few weeks of tracking my weekly weight watchers points. The good news is I haven’t gained any weight. Bad news? I haven’t lost weight either. Another blogger pointed out to me that MyFitnessPal DOES take into account breastfeeding so I may be switching back to that because A-it’s free and B-I had success with it before I got pregnant.
6. I found an “in studio” barre class to take in the Milwaukee area. I liked it, but I want to try another class during the week before I give a full review.
7. Hubs and I spent the night in Chicago this weekend for some much needed husband/wife time. My mom kept Madelyn for us while we wined and dined in the Windy city. It was hard leaving her behind but I had peace of mind knowing she was at home and in good hands. We found a good price on hotwire.com and stayed in a really nice hotel located right off of Michigan Ave.
Larry took me on a little shopping spree and out to dinner at RPM Italian. I’m a HUGE fan of Giuliana & Bill so I was super excited to try out their new restaurant. Like every other Lettuce Entertain You restaurant, it did not disappoint. The food was awesome, the service was spectacular, and the atmosphere was very Modern without being too pretentious. Their entrees were made to share which I like when you have a small group because then you get to try a variety of foods. It was a fun getting all dressed up to go out. It’s been a long time since I’ve done that and Chicago is the perfect city for it.
I’m off to browse through the Thanksgiving issue of the Food Network magazine. I’m hosting for the first time this year and I’m pretty excited/nervous! Wish me luck!
Pumpkin pie is a must-have at our Thanksgiving dinner. Larry loves it! I love mixing cranberry sauce and stuffing together the day after.
What’s your favorite/must have Thanksgiving entree?